About the East Japan Railway Foundation for Cultural Innovations
The Foundation was established on April 1, 2022 to plan and operate the Center for Cultural Innovations, a symbol of the Takanawa Gateway City (TBD), an East Japan Railway Company development.
In accordance with the mission of "transporting culture to the next hundred years," the Foundation will create and transmit new culture throughout Japan and the world through the production of exhibitions, live performances, events and other programs throughout the Center.
About Takanawa Gateway City (TBD)
Information of new facilities pamphlet (PDF)
Outline of the Foundation
Name: East Japan Railway Foundation for Cultural Innovations
Address: 2-21-42, Takanawa, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0074, JAPAN
Establishment: April 1, 2022
Based in Shinagawa, the site of the first railroad line in Japan, the Foundation aims to build ties between diverse partners and regions; connect Japan’s traditional culture to the future; promote the creation of new cultural values through the fusion of human knowledge, art and technology; contribute to the improvement and continuity of Japanese culture; and promote the realization of a fulfilling, joy-filled future one hundred years from now.
Our major undertakings
1. Planning and developing cultural and creative programs for the Shinagawa Development Project
2. Promoting the creation of new cultural values that connect various fields, partners, and nature
3. Promoting the transmission and appreciation of Japanese culture and history
4. Supporting and educating young partners who will play important roles in the future
5. Promoting regional exchanges and revitalization through cultural and creative activities
6. Contributing to international exchanges through cultural and creative activities
7. Other projects deemed necessary to fulfill the mission of the Foundation